blago.1.25in

 San Francisco, 10/23/02 - Serbian King Milutin had the King's Church built in 1313 or 1314 within the walls of the Studenica Monastery, itself constructed by his famous ancestor Simeon Nemanja. The church is devoted to saints Joachim and Anna, the parents of the Most Holy Theotokos, Mother of God, but it has become more famous for its founder and has come to be known as "King's Church".

 

This presentation is an attempt to acquaint chance visitors from all corners of the world with this church. The Blago team worked on this task as did the transcribers of old church books: with love, careful not to omit a single beautiful detail of this jewel from the shadow of the great Studenica.

 

Visit BLAGO Archive of Studenica

Go to top