Patriarchate of Pec
St Demetrios Church


The Church of St Demetrios was founded by Archbishop Nikodim (1317-1324). It has the form of a shortened cross with a spacious dome and was built in alternate courses of brick and stone. The entrance is framed with a harmonious stone portal. Joanikije is to be credited for the frescoes painted towards the middle of the 11th century, which were renovated in the early 17th century. The frescoes consist of valuable portraits of Emperor Dusan, his son Uros V and Patriarch Joanikije, and also a worthy composition of two Serbian Councils on a vault in the western part. The church houses the relics of patriarchs Jefrem and Sava IV.

LATEST NEWS


STUDENICA
Complete collections of all three churches in Studenica: Presentation of the Holy Virgin, King's, and St Nicholas.

KARAN
The complete collection of the White church of Karan, located in central Serbia near the town of Uzice.

PAVLOVAC
The medieval monastery, built in 1427, is located on the old road from Belgrade to Novo Brdo in Kosovo.


Blago Fund

LOCATION



Pecka Patrijarsija is located near the town of Pec, south-west of Kosovo & Metohija.